Getting the Message Across – Explaining security to non-security audiences.
This presentation will focus on approaches in explaining technical issues to non-technical audiences. This could be to ensure awareness, explain risk, or to gain budget, and will cover:
• Understanding your audience, and what will get their attention
• Understanding your objectives, ie. What is your idea of a successful outcome.
• Explaining the highly technical, with zero technical jargon
• Explaining risk, with zero technical jargon
• Some successful examples of getting the message across
SPEAKER: David Buerckner, Head of Security Operations, Tesserent Australia
David has over 30 year’s experience in the IT industry across a wide range of technical, business and leadership roles from small local companies to multinationals.
Recent years have included building and running the Cloud Managed Services environment at Interactive, and currently managing the SOC and Application Development teams at Tesserent, providing managed services in firewall, SIEM and internet connectivity.
David is a strong advocate for technical teams being effective communicators, and has mentored many of his staff over the years in how to effectively get their message across.
AISA members: Please sign in to register for this event.
If you would like to become a member you can join here.
Many thanks to our Sponsors