Volunteer and Grow with AISA!
AISA offers people with all levels of experience and confidence the opportunity to volunteer.
For cyber security students and professionals, AISA offers you opportunities to meet, network and gain experience within the cyber security industry through volunteering. Connect with the cyber security community in your state or Territory by volunteering with your local branch committee and get involved in the planning and running of branch events. AISA also seeks volunteers with no required cyber security knowledge to assist at our National Cyber Conferences with various tasks such as:
- Registration and Help Desk
- Assisting in the exhibition space
- Directional guidance
- Program information
- Hosting speakers and assisting with Q&A during speaker presentations
- Helping conference attendees to plan their day using the conference app
- Scanning participation of attendees at session start times
- Preparing and distributing conference merchandise to attendees
- General administrative tasks
We invite you to come on a journey with us and see the benefits that volunteering with AISA can provide.
Meet new people. Make industry connections. Expand your network. Develop your skills.
Share your knowledge and experiences and give back to the industry.
For seasoned industry professionals, AISA also offers the opportunity to help shape the industry and give back at an executive level through voluntary board directorship.
Volunteer with AISA and…
Grow your opportunities
- From event volunteers to board directors, AISA is operated by volunteers looking to ethically connect with each other and contribute to the industry
- Host and chat to speakers at AISA events, such as high profile cyber industry experts and professionals
- Interact with your future mentors and give back to other volunteers – your new mentees
Grow your network
- Opportunities are always provided at AISA events to connect with branch committee and board members directly
- Introduce yourself to partner and sponsor organisations at each event
- Attend conference networking events in the exhibition space with purpose using the conversation starter of “I’m an AISA volunteer”
Grow your confidence
- Start by attending your first conference as a volunteer to understand the logistics and structure of the event
- As a voluntary conference speaker host, hone your public speaking skills by announcing speakers and facilitating Q&A sessions to ensure they run to time
- Be active within your branch and build positive relationships
Grow your skills and experience
- Organically improve your soft skills by meeting and greeting a diverse range of people at AISA events
- Respond to their queries and provide directions to delegates at conferences
- Assist with the organisation and delivery of branch events to enhance your project management skills
- Improve your teamwork ability by working with people outside of your workplace on delivering quality experiences for hundreds or thousands of people!
Grow your leadership potential
- Transfer skills learnt through volunteering to your workplace and take the next step in your career
- Successfully lead a team of volunteers within a not-for-profit charitable organisation that is based in a fast moving, dynamic industry that requires a high level of agility and adaptability
- Aspire to motivate people, make decisions and negotiate on behalf of a branch or board
Start your volunteer journey with AISA here: [email protected]