Become a CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification is a globally recognized standard of achievement that confirms an individual’s knowledge in the field of information security. CISSPs are information assurance professional who define the architecture, design, management and/or controls that assure the security of business environments. The CISSP is ideal for experienced security practitioners, managers and executives interested in proving their knowledge across a wide array of security practices and principles.
Sessions & Times:
The training will be delivered online twice per week (Monday and Wednesday) from 7:00pm until 9:30pm (AEST/AEDT) over 8 weeks on the following dates:
- Monday, 4 September 2023
- Wednesday, 6 September 2023
- Monday, 11 September 2023
- Wednesday, 13 September 2023
- Monday, 18 September 2023
- Wednesday, 20 September 2023
- Monday, 25 September 2023
- Wednesday, 27 September 2023
- Monday, 2 October 2023 (AEDT)
- Wednesday, 4 October 2023 (AEDT)
- Monday, 9 October 2023 (AEDT)
- Wednesday, 11 October 2023 (AEDT)
- Monday, 16 October 2023 (AEDT)
- Wednesday, 18 October 2023 (AEDT)
- Monday, 23 October 2023 (AEDT)
- Wednesday, 25 October 2023 (AEDT)
If you are unable to attend an online session, the sessions will be recorded, and the recordings are available to students up to 60 days after the course finishes.
For more information about the CISSP certification you can watch the video here
Candidates must have a minimum of five years cumulative paid work experience in two or more of the eight domains of the CISSP CBK. Earning a four-year college degree or regional equivalent or an additional credential from the (ISC)² approved list will satisfy one year of the required experience. Education credit will only satisfy one year of experience. A candidate who doesn’t have the required experience to become a CISSP may become an Associate of (ISC)² by successfully passing the CISSP examination. The Associate of (ISC)² will then have six years to earn the five years required experience. Click here for more information.
Who Earns the CISSP?
The CISSP is ideal for experienced security practitioners, managers and executives interested in proving their knowledge across a wide array of security practices and principles, including those in the following positions:
-Chief Information Security Officer
-Chief Information Officer
-Director of Security
-Security Systems Engineer
The training sessions will be conducted by (ISC)² certified trainers and via the (ISC)² online portal. Students will also receive training course resources. Please note that this course does not include the CISSP exam.
Access the resources:
Please download the VitalSource User Guide to understand how to access the training resources
The course is offered to only AISA members. Please note that to get the maximum benefit for students, we have to limit attendance to 22 attendees.
AISA member: $2,640 per person (including GST). Please sign in to register for this event.
Non member: $5,280 per person (including GST).
Become a member of AISA: If you would like to become an AISA member you can join here
Register & Pay:
- Members must be signed in to register
- To register for this event click on the Register Myself button
- Now your registration is pending checkout, please scroll to the bottom of your page and click on the button Proceed to Checkout to confirm your registration
- Once you have confirmed your registration this item will appear in your Shopping Cart
- Please make payment via credit card
- Please proceed to Submit Order button
- A confirmation of order will be emailed to you once your registration is confirmed and once payment has been made
- Please note if you DO NOT submit order you will not be registered for this event
- An email will be sent 2 week before the start date from AISA with details on how to log into the portal.
Booking your examination:
In addition to the training being offered by AISA, as part of the process to become certified, you will be required to pass a certification examination. This examination needs to be booked separately and is not included in the AISA training. (ISC)² directly administers the examination process and you can purchase the examination voucher for your intended certification by visiting the (ISC)² website at https://www.isc2.org/Register-for-Exam.
Pricing for the CISSP examination is USD $749
Further information on examination pricing is available at https://www.isc2.org/Register-for-Exam/ISC2-Exam-Pricing. It is recommended that you purchase the examination voucher at the time of booking your training. This helps you establish a goal that you will sit the exam after the training course is complete and you have adequately revised following the training to be ready to attempt the exam.
For any queries regarding this event please contact Susanna Palermo, National Event & Sponsorship Manager via email [email protected]