Nationwide awards celebrate achievements and capabilities of cyber industry
The Australian Information Security Association (AISA) is thrilled to announce the winners of this year’s Cyber Security industry Awards.
The 2022 Australian Cyber Awards were held on Tuesday 11 October at the Crown Palladium in Melbourne as more than 4000 industry leaders gathered for the 2022 Australian Cyber Conference in Melbourne.
Hosted by Australian journalist and news presenter Juanita Phillips, the awards celebrated the best and brightest in Australia’s cyber industry.
As Australia’s peak body for cyber security, AISA has created these awards to recognise and promote excellence, innovation and professionalism in the area of cyber security by individuals, projects, teams and organisations.
A total of 11 individual and group winners were chosen as winners from an outstanding pool of finalists:
• Cyber Security Small to Medium Business - Seamless Intelligence
• Cyber Security Enterprise Employer of the Year - CyberCX
• Cyber Security Professional of the Year - Maryam Bechtel
• Best STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Promoter of the Year - Northern Metropolitan TAFE
• Cyber Security Tertiary Student of the Year - Odaya Amsellem
• Cyber Security Educator of the Year - University of NSW
• Cyber Security Outreach Program of the Year - Tangible Uplift Program
• Cyber Security Rising Star of the Year - Melanie Hanson
• Cyber Security Researcher of the Year - Privacy by Design Awards Research Team - Cyber CX
• Cyber Security Start Up of the Year - Plerion
• Cyber Security Start Up of the Year (People's Choice) - Cynch
This year, Chief Information Security Officer at AGL, Maryam Bechtel, was awarded Professional of the Year award for outstanding leadership, integrity, mentoring and coaching in the industry.
Other big winners included CyberCX who won enterprise employer of the year and the University of New South Wales for educator of the year.
Over 600 members of the cyber industry attended the invite-only ceremony and celebrated the success of their colleagues and peers.
The AISA cyber awards have become a coveted accolade for organisations and professionals seeking to cement their role in the cyber security industry.
These awards are designed to showcase the depth of talent in the nation’s cyber security industry at a time where the country is focussed on developing cyber security as a sovereign capability.
AISA would like to thank all our partners and sponsors for their invaluable support.
See HERE for a full list of AISA Cyber Security award winners in 2022
AISA Cyber Security Award Winners 2022 Media Release - 13 October 2022