Topic: Cloud Security Threats and Intelligence
Adversaries are breaching and destroying cloud environments with changing objectives and tactics. The complexity of cloud platforms makes it easier for them to infiltrate, and establish persistence without being noticed. Ben will share what they have been up to and the evolution of cloud incidents with a focus on AWS from the front lines. You will learn how adversaries operate in AWS, new techniques to secure your environments, and how you can always be a step ahead.
Ben will share unique threat intelligence he has gathered that uncovers how adversaries are actively scanning and infiltrating cloud environments.
Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions of the speakers and networking drinks and finger food will be served after the presentation.
Ben Potter is the Chief Technology Officer at Fircy. Ben is a globally recognised leader in cloud security, and the founder of Fircy, an Australian based company specialising in cloud cyber security incident prevention and response. Working with clients around the globe to prevent and investigate security incidents in the cloud, with a focus on AWS. Prior to Fircy, Ben evangelised cloud security and set the AWS security standards during his 7+ year tenure at AWS. He was also one of the longest serving customer incident responders.
Date: Thursday 2 February 2023
Time: 5:30pm - 7:30pm (ACDT)
5:15pm – 5:30pm Registration and networking
5:30pm – 6:30pm Presentation
6:30pm – 7:30pm Post event networking and refreshments
Venue: Gallery, Waymouth Room, 30 Waymouth Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Registrations Close: At 5pm on Wednesday 1 February 2023
COST TO ATTEND:
Registration is free for AISA members
Non-Members: $90 plus GST*
* Please note that this is the same amount as an AISA Membership. Register and pay so that you automatically join to become a member of AISA, and therefore registration is free and you have signed up as an AISA member which is valid for 12 months.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Members must be signed in to register
- To register for this event click on the Register Myself button
- Now your registration is pending checkout, please scroll to the bottom of your page and click on the button Proceed to Checkout to confirm your registration
- Once you have confirmed your registration this item will appear in your Shopping Cart
- If you are an AISA member the price should be $0.00 OR if you are a non-member please make payment via credit card
- Please proceed to Submit Order button
- A confirmation of order will be emailed to you once your registration is confirmed OR payment has been made
- Please note if you DO NOT submit order you will not be registered for this event
If you have any queries regarding this event please contact the Event Coordinator Clare Dillon at [email protected]
AISA presentations are intended for educational purposes only. Statements of fact and opinions expressed are those of the participants individually and, unless expressly stated to the contrary, are not the opinion or position of AISA, its sponsors, or its partners. AISA does not endorse or approve, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, accuracy or completeness of the information presented. Attendees should note that sessions may be recorded and published in various media, including print, audio and video formats without further notice.