Topic: Threat intelligence trends and impacts
This session will cover the latest and most relevant intelligence trends pertaining to nation-state and criminal threat actor groups with a focus on how these groups might impact the sector. We will review associated threat actor capabilities and infrastructure, as well as their tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs). This session will discuss specific implications, how current events such as the COVID-19 pandemic are influencing cybersecurity threats directed at this vertical, as well as some best practices that can be undertaken in order to harden your organisation’s cybersecurity posture.
Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions. This webinar will be recorded and the recording will be made available to registrants.
Speaker: Scott Jarkoff, CrowdStrike
Scott Jarkoff is the Director, Strategic Threat Advisory Group, APJ & EMEA, at CrowdStrike with a focus on helping customers operationalize and integrate threat intelligence within their organization’s security strategy. Scott is based in Tokyo and leads both the APJ and EMEA regions. He has over twenty-five years defense-grade cyber security and intelligence experience.
Scott previously worked for the US government for over twenty years, the most recent as the Chief of Cyber Security at United States Forces Japan. At USFJ he was responsible for overseeing DoD cyber security strategy and cyber situational awareness for the U.S. military components in Japan. Scott Scott leveraged DoD intelligence capabilities to develop U.S. and Japan cross-government cyber security strategy, managing the USFJ cyber security program, and commanding the USFJ security incident response team.
This webinar is free and only available to AISA Members, please register online in Zoom using the link below:
Non AISA Members: If you would like to become an AISA member you can join here
For any queries regarding this event, please contact AISA Event & Sponsorship Manager, Susanna Palermo via email email@example.com or visit our website www.aisa.org.au
Date: Thursday 24 September 2020
- 10:00am - 11:00am AEST (Brisbane, Canberra, Hobart, Melbourne & Sydney)
- 9:30am - 10:30am ACST (Adelaide & Darwin)
- 8:00am - 9:00am AWST (Perth)
Participate in the webinar:
- You are required to register in our platform Zoom and provide an email address so that a webinar link can be issued
- Once you have registered you will receive a confirmation email with the webinar registration link which is unique to you. Use this link and ensure you logon to the webinar at least 5 minutes prior to the start time
- You will require a strong and stable internet connection
- It is recommended you use a headset or headphones so you can hear the presentation
- A recording of the live session will be available for registrants after the event
AISA has evaluated the use of Zoom based on the Traffic
Light Protocol which was facilitated for greater information
sharing. AISA webinars are considered TPL White as the information
contains minimal or no foreseeable risk of misuse. In addition AISA has evaluated the
use of Zoom for this purpose as aligned to ACSC
Web Conferencing Security, April 2020, see link at https://www.cyber.gov.au/publications/web-conferencing-security
and has implemented controls to minimise risks. You are required to register for the webinar via the Zoom