Topic: Brute forcing landscape: Attacks, tools and tactics
Join Brett Williams, Lead Solutions Architect at Flashpoint for an online discussion on the various types of attacks, tools being utilized to complete them, and the actors who execute them.
With databases being offered for sale every day that often contain millions of usernames and passwords from various sources, credentials are being sold and repackaged, giving threat actors access to all of that data to carry out credential stuffing attacks.
During this presentation Brett will provide an inside look at the brute forcing landscape and cover the following topics:
• The illicit trade of credentials, from acquisition, combo lists, testing to account take over and sale
• Brute forcing tools and configurations
• Strategies that companies use to identify and block brute forcing attacks
Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions. This webinar will be recorded and the recording will be made available to registrants.
Speaker: Brett Williams, Flashpoint
As Lead Solutions Architect at Flashpoint, Brett works with clients to help them use intelligence within their enterprises and how deep and dark web monitoring should be an integral part of any threat intelligence program. He is responsible for providing relevant intelligence and services to address various use cases including, insider threat, cyber intelligence, anti-fraud, physical security and counterterrorism.
Brett is widely recognized for his extensive and in-depth knowledge of the security landscape. He has experience working across industry sectors including finance, government, law enforcement, healthcare and education. He has over 28 years’ experience working in information technology and security with a focus on incident response, intelligence, security operations and digital forensics.
This webinar is free and only available to AISA Members, please register online via Zoom using the link below:
Non AISA Members: If you would like to become an AISA member you can join here
For any queries regarding this event, please contact AISA Event & Sponsorship Manager, Susanna Palermo via email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website www.aisa.org.au
Date: Wednesday 25 November 2020
- 10:00am - 11:00am AEDT (Canberra, Hobart, Melbourne & Sydney)
- 9:30am - 10:30am ACDT (Adelaide)
- 9:00am - 10:00am AEST (Brisbane)
- 7:00am - 8:00am AWST (Perth)
This webinar is proudly sponsored by:
Participate in the webinar:
- Once you have registered you will receive a confirmation email with the webinar registration link. Use this link and ensure you logon to the webinar at least 5 minutes prior to the start time
- You will require a strong and stable internet connection
- It is recommended you use a headset or headphones so you can hear the presentation
- A recording of the live session will be available for registrants after the event
AISA has evaluated the use of Zoom based on the Traffic
Light Protocol which was facilitated for greater information
sharing. AISA webinars are considered TPL White as the information
contains minimal or no foreseeable risk of misuse. In addition AISA has evaluated the
use of Zoom for this purpose as aligned to ACSC
Web Conferencing Security, April 2020, see link at https://www.cyber.gov.au/publications/web-conferencing-security
and has implemented controls to minimise risks. You are required to register for the webinar via the Zoom