Topic: Protecting sensitive data in a hybrid work environment
COVID-19 is creating a new normal in how enterprise leaders manage and organize their workplaces. Companies once resistant to having staff work from home are now more accepting of remote work arrangements as they realize savings from reduced office space while maintaining productivity. This acceptance, coupled with rapidly changing crisis requirements, have created a data storage environment that spans on-prem offices, home offices, on-prem data centres and cloud data storage.
How does this hybrid environment impact the IT security team and your operations? How should IT security officers manage sensitive information on-prem, in the cloud and in home offices at the same time?
Join this session to discover how organizations can address security concerns related to these crisis-induced changes, such as:
- Securing the data now sitting with at-home workers, in the cloud and in the home office - while also meeting compliance with regulations and guidelines
- Remotely sanitizing data in the cloud and other active environments at key points throughout the data lifecycle
- Supporting environmental sustainability initiatives with reuse, resale, donation and redistribution of IT assets
- Supporting security initiatives for a hybrid workforce with on-prem and remote erasure, policy-driven automation and centralized auditability
Participants will have the opportunity at the end of the session to ask questions of the speaker via the Q&A Chat box.
Speaker: Fredrik Forslund - Vice President, Enterprise & Cloud Erasure Solutions, Blancco
Fredrik Forslund serves as Vice President, Enterprise & Cloud Erasure Solutions for Blancco. With a keen eye for streamlining corporate IT security efficiencies and maintaining compliance with data privacy legislation, he is often regarded as a trusted advisor among customers.
This webinar is free and only available to AISA Members, please click here to register online
Non AISA Members: If you would like to become an AISA member you can join here
For any queries regarding this event, please contact AISA Event & Sponsorship Manager, Susanna Palermo via email email@example.com or visit our website www.aisa.org.au
Date: Wednesday 23 September 2020
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm AEST (Brisbane, Canberra, Hobart, Melbourne & Sydney)
- 1:30pm - 2:30pm ACST (Adelaide & Darwin)
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm AWST (Perth)
Participate in the webinar:
- Once you have registered you will receive a confirmation email with the webinar registration link. Use this link and ensure you logon to the webinar at least 10 minutes prior to the start time
- You will require a strong and stable internet connection
- It is recommended you use a headset or headphones so you can hear the presentation
- A recording of the live session will be available for registrants after the event
This webinar is proudly sponsored by:
AISA has evaluated the use of Zoom based on the Traffic
Light Protocol which was facilitated for greater information
sharing. AISA webinars are considered TPL White as the information
contains minimal or no foreseeable risk of misuse. In addition AISA has evaluated the
use of Zoom for this purpose as aligned to ACSC
Web Conferencing Security, April 2020, see link at https://www.cyber.gov.au/publications/web-conferencing-security
and has implemented controls to minimise risks. You are required to register for the webinar via the Zoom
[Checklist] Decommissioning Checklist for Enterprises: PCs, Laptops & Other IT Assets