Securing the unsecurable - lessons from a career in intelligence and business
Speaker BIO: Andrew France OBE
Andrew France is the former Deputy Director for Cyber Defence Operations at GCHQ, the UK Government's signals intelligence agency. During his distinguished, 30-year career with GCHQ, Andrew was at the forefront of the UK's national cyber defence strategy, responsible for both policy and operational delivery. He is a recognised global leader in his field, with extensive experience in delivering technical innovation in high-pressure and secure environments both in the UK and overseas. On leaving GCHQ, he co-founded Darktrace; an innovative Cyber Security Company integrating advanced mathematics, cutting edge machine learning with “real world” operational expertise. As CEO he oversaw the development of the company from start up to a multi-million £ enterprise. He left Darktrace to set up RedQ, a specialist Cyber Security consultancy providing a range of professional services to C-Suite executives around the world. He is also a co-founder and Director of Prevalent AI, a specialist Security Data Science firm.
Andrew has been engaged as a strategic advisor to Deloitte (UK), Hakluyt Cyber, Deep-Secure, Cognevo and Telstra (Australia). He is also a member of the Lloyds Banking Group and GlaxoSmithKline Cyber Security Advisory Panels.
Andrew has been formally recognised in the UK and overseas. His awards and honours include;
- Officer of the Order Of The British Empire - June 2005
- Meritorious Citation for Exceptional Service (USA) - January 2004
- GCHQ Directors Award for Outstanding Achievement - February 2003
- GCHQ Directors Award For Distinguished Service - December 2013
- Commander British Forces Commendation - January 2002
- Signals Analysis – Yearly Achievement Award (USA) - 1995
- He is a registered Incorporated Engineer and an elected member of the
- Engineering Institution of Great Britain. He is a member of the Institute of
- Engineering and Technology (IET), and the information Systems Security Association (ISSA).
AISA members: Please sign in to register for this event.
If you would like to become a member you can join here.
Many thanks to our Sponsors
AISA also thanks PWC for sponsoring the venue for this meeting.