Topic: Cyber Security Careers Pathways
There has been much discussion and debate on the state of cyber security talent and the many ramifications that unfold from it. The cyber industry faces significant changes as it evolves into a professional vocation, faces growing demand and is impacted by new and updated law and regulation. The need for practitioners has never been more critical.
AISA and ISACA has assembled an elite group of cyber academics and practitioners for an in depth discussion on this issue.
The session will be interactive to allow for significant audience participation.
This is your opportunity to gain insights on the relevant qualifications and certifications, how to prepare for career change, or understand where the demand is growing within the cyber industry.
See how others navigated their way to be successful, recognised cyber practitioners.
Hear how they overcome various obstacles and challenges in progressing their careers. Understand why professionalism of the cyber industry is a big issue and why it may be needed. Learn how to attract and retain this scarce resource.
If you are looking to start your cyber career, changing careers, building your cyber team, or leading cybersecurity for your organisation, you need to attend!
Ben Doyle, CISO ANZ, Thales
Miranda Riddell, Security Analyst, Malware Security
Paula Petridis, Head of Cyber Security, Healthscope
Nick Kent, Director Government Cyber Uplift Branch, ACSC
Andrew Woodward, Executive Dean, School of Science, Edith Cowan University
Professor Ryan Ko, Professor of Cyber Security, University of Queensland
Date: Thursday 28 September 2023
Time: 5:00pm - 8:00pm (AEST)
5:00pm – 5:30pm Registration & Networking Drinks
5:30pm – 7:00pm Panel Session
7:00pm – 8:00pm Post Event Networking
Venue: The Duxton, Oak Room, 8 MacPherson Street, O'Connor, ACT, 2602
Registrations Close: At 5:00pm on Wednesday 27 September 2023
COST TO ATTEND:
Registration is free for AISA members
Non-Members: $90 plus GST*
* Please note that this is the same amount as an AISA Membership. Register and pay so that you automatically join to become a member of AISA, and therefore registration is free and you have signed up as an AISA member which is valid for 12 months.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Members must be signed in to register
- To register for this event click on the Register Myself button
- Now your registration is pending checkout, please scroll to the bottom of your page and click on the button Proceed to Checkout to confirm your registration
- Once you have confirmed your registration this item will appear in your Shopping Cart
- If you are an AISA member the price should be $0.00 OR if you are a non-member please make payment via credit card
- Please proceed to Submit Order button
- A confirmation of order will be emailed to you once your registration is confirmed OR payment has been made
- Please note if you DO NOT submit order you will not be registered for this event
If you have any queries regarding this event please contact Kylie Hatcher, Event Manager at [email protected]
Thank you to our event partner:
AISA presentations are intended for educational purposes only. Statements of fact and opinions expressed are those of the participants individually and, unless expressly stated to the contrary, are not the opinion or position of AISA, its sponsors, or its partners. AISA does not endorse or approve, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, accuracy or completeness of the information presented. Attendees should note that sessions may be recorded and published in various media, including print, audio and video formats without further notice.