Addressing security in a fast-moving DevOps environments is essential, not just for the long-term success of your SDLC, but for the protection of your entire stack of tools and processes.
Following the incredible success of our Security Automation in DevOps Tutorial at the recent AusCERT Conference on the Gold Coast, we're now offering this limited one-day event in Sydney.
For detailed information on this Tutorial, Download the DevOps Tutorial Datasheet (PDF)
This full-day tutorial held in the Sydney CBD examines ways of integrating security into DevOps environments by looking at opportunities at each stage of the development pipeline. The core focus is on automating repeatable security tasks allowing “low-hanging-fruit” issues to be remediated without human intervention.
In this tutorial we cover the following topics:
- Understanding the motivations for providing security in high-velocity DevOps environments.
- Securing the entire DevOps system and ensuring risk is managed according to appetite.
- A defense-in-depth approach for improving code quality and detecting defects earlier.
- Identifying known-vulnerable third-party libraries and managing the supply chain risk.
- Using continuous monitoring tools to detect changes across the entire DevOps stack.
- Self-healing management and remediation of misconfiguration, and enforcing policies.
- Custom solutions versus existing platforms and tools to get immediate results.
- A methodology for crawl, walk and run; ways to ensure a path to DevSecOps maturity.
We finish the tutorial with a real-world attack simulation involving a DevOps stack hosted on Amazon AWS, demonstrating the tactics and automated techniques you have learned.
Specifically in this tutorial you will learn about the following methods to use in your DevOps environment.
- Best Practice Awareness
- Coding Helpers and IDE Tools
- Developer Sandboxing
- Static Analysis Security Testing (SAST)
- Dynamic Analysis Security Testing (DAST)
- Visualisation of Network Configuration
- Continuous Monitoring Techniques
- Alerting of non-compliant environments
- Auto-enforcement of Con guration Policy
- Self-healing & automated platform tool
- Server-less event driven security
AISA members: $995 + GST ($300 off the normal ticket price)
AISA member discount code: AISA2017
Full details and to register: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/security-automation-in-devops-tutorial-sydney-tickets-35588800059